Glimpse of Yesterday

Glimpse of Yesterday

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God is still in Control

I do have to say that I am disappointed in the result of yesterday's presidential election. I personally feel that John McCain is the most qualified and experienced candidate for the position and Sarah Palin was mercilessly attacked and discredited for running as vice-president.

I am very proud of my husband, however. He never voted before yesterday. I have always encouraged him to register and told him that he was not allowed to complain about any level of government if he didn't vote. But he felt so strongly yesterday when he left work that he should vote that he went to the town hall last evening to register and went to our local school down the street from our home and voted for president. He was so happy when he walked into the house with his "I Voted" sticker. And he said that his inspiration was our 17-year old son. After a brief conversation with him, my husband realized that he is a role model to our children in so many ways, and that he couldn't skip voting.

But what I really wanted to say today is this: God is still in Control. Satan has no authority - he has been defeated. He doesn't have any power unless we give it to him. Although we may not be pleased with the results of the election, we have to remember that God is the ultimate authority and our trust is in Him, not in a man. My devotional scripture verse for today happens to be:

But the Lord said to Samuel, "Don't judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

~ 1 Samuel 16:7, NLT

People can be fooled, but no one can fool God.



2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of Pete!!

    So many of us have very heavy hearts this morning....
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I had optimism but I don't. I can not find it within my heart to be happy in any way, shape of form. Our first Black President or not. Call it soure grapes if you will bit it is what it is..
    He is just NOT my kind of guy.

    May God Bless America

    ReplyDelete