Glimpse of Yesterday

Glimpse of Yesterday

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Trails. . .. . .. .


Today, my son, Geoff, embarked on his first solo trip away from home. He left early this morning, in his car, on his way to western Maryland. He's been planning this trip all summer - working a lot and saving as much money as he could.

The trip will take him about 9-1/2 hours to get there. He promised me that he would stop every so often to eat and stretch out and walk around. A wonderful friend of ours loaned him her Tom Tom navigation system, which is fabulous.

My husband and I have complete peace about this trip. We know that he's in the Lord's hands (as he always has been) and we're excited for him. He's going to have a great time with his friends, going into DC, and spreading his wings. I just hope he takes lots of pictures!!

Have a blessed day!

--Liane

2 comments:

  1. You're a good mommy! Not every parent realizes how very important these events are in the life of a child and how good it is for a child. He'll do great and have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Lee!! I will keep Geoff in my prayers for sure! ...let us know when you hear from home again...ok?

    This week has been brutal...over 100 the past several days...it should back off to the 80's soon...I can't take this much longer! :)

    Love,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete