Glimpse of Yesterday

Glimpse of Yesterday

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Winter Crabbies are here......

That's right. It's been a lo-o-o-n-g cold, snowy winter. We've had record amounts of snowfall this season. We've had snow, ice, sleet, hail, and freezing rain. The days have been gray and cloudy. The wind has been sharp and biting. The snow piles are everywhere, some about 20' tall, and they are all dingy and dirty.


Cabin fever is beginning to take hold. "Is this season ever going to end?" "When is the sun going to warm us and get rid of this disgusting snow?!" "It's too cold to do anything!" The natives are getting restless.

What's worse, there are even some in the community who have escaped to flee to warm climate areas such as Florida and even appear to have gotten a tan! (gasp!) What nerve!!

Honestly, I don't know what people in New England expect during the winter season. I've lived here all my life and I expect, every November, for the weather to turn cold and windy, and possibly, to have snowstorms during the winter season. And, this kind of weather just might last until March.
I think it's amusing. I, for one, love winter. I think the snow makes everything look pretty, like vanilla frosting. No, make that cream cheese frosting. (yum!) I like to cozy up to my hubby on those chilly winter nights. I think I appreciate the newness and beautiful of colors of spring after a particularly snowy and cold winter.

Don't worry crabbies, in just a few more weeks, spring will be sprung! For a sneak peek, pop over to Lynn's blog and see for yourself!

Have a blessed day!

Liane

4 comments:

  1. Liane, I get the feeling that you are a bit CRABBY about the weather. ;) Repeat after me: It will be spring soon. It will be spring soon.

    How sweet you are to mention my blog.

    xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Miss Liane! How can one be crabby when she is a tender-hearted Daisy! Daisies are so cheery and springy! Spring will be here soon! I don't know how you northerners do it, tho. It's been in the mid 70's here in my part of Texas for the last week and it sure has been nice. I even turned my AC on a couple of days just to take the humidity out. Think happy thoughts and just snuggle up til the cold breaks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i'm glad you live in a place that you
    love! i think snow is enchanting, but we
    only have it for a few days at a time.

    my husband attended dartmouth, and he
    had to adjust to winters that sometimes
    lasted until april!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not crabby? You're going to say that the rest of us are crabby? What in the world makes you think that, eh? LOL! Okay, okay, you're right. I am getting a bit cranked about the current state of weather affairs. I am remembering last year with great fondness...this looks as if it will be an abbreviated version.

    ReplyDelete