Glimpse of Yesterday

Glimpse of Yesterday

Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Life Sneeze

Ah-Ah-Ah....Ah-Ah-CHOOO!

Ever have one of those? Those out-of-the-blue/had-no-idea-it-was-coming/thought-I-was-gonna-put-my-back-out kind of sneezes?
It can feel very cleansing.  Like, "I didn't know I needed that"/"so glad it happened" things.  Of course, it can be quite startling if you're doing something important and dangerous such as driving a car, peeling potatoes, flying an airplane, performing heart surgery or something or other.  Then, it might not feel so refreshing.  It can be kind of scary.

But, this year, my life has had one of those out-of-the-blue/had-no-idea-it-was-coming/thought-I-knew-exactly-what-the-next-step-will-be sneezes.  And I wasn't scared.
It began in March when I quit my job.  Yup, that's right.  I was promoted in January, and in "this economy", I quit my job.  Just gave two weeks notice and that was it.  You see, I was very uneasy.  I was tired of constantly counting dirtly, grubby, germy money and working in a retail environment, mostly six days a week.  I was tired of being tired.  I was stressed and anxious and my family was worried about me.  So, I quit.

Then, some unfortunate things transpired at the church we had attended for the past eight years.  We didn't want to be a part of the negative atmosphere, and, for several other reasons that I will not disclose here, we left. 

So, my life sneeze brought me to having two months of not working and our family growing even closer to the Lord as He brought us to a wonderful new house of worship.  And, after sending out over 13 resumes, I received an unexpected e-mail and a job offer.  I now have a full-time 5-day-a-week-with-weekends-off job and have even better benefits that I had at my previous job.

Also during this time of transition, my son became un-engaged and my daughter went on her very first "driving solo" vacation.  He is doing very well and is dating an adorable young lady and my daughter had a wonderful New Hampshire weekend in a cabin on a river...(I survived).

 This life sneeze was mighty powerful but extremely cleansing.  I shared with a friend that I feel like I had been living in black-and-white and now I'm living in full color.  And, I felt the Lord's guidance and provision every single day.

So, that is why I've been quiet lately.  My socks have been knocked off....but in a good way!

2 comments:

  1. That was such a great post! :)

    What does that tell you? The Lord is looking out for you for sure.

    Love you so much, can't wait to see you.....soon.

    Love,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came to say that I hope you and Robin are having a good time and found this post that I've never read where everything has been shared and I feel as if I'm all caught up again, except that I'm six weeks late or something. Figures. That was a great life sneeze!

    (Oh...I see the problem...it's the danged word verification. Any chance of just using comment moderation?)

    ReplyDelete