Glimpse of Yesterday

Glimpse of Yesterday

Monday, April 21, 2014

The Beginnings of Things

Everything has a beginning.  There has to be a "GO" for everything that has happened, and there must be a finger placed on the trigger of the starting gun in order for it to fire.  The time has come for a mid-forties, soon to be grandmother to decide when she will change how she wants to live her life.  Yes, the "she" is me.  I have a desire to shake things up and live life the way I want to live it.  And the time is now.  As in, RIGHT NOW.

I have dreamed and toyed with the idea of being my own boss for many years.  I don't want to follow a dress code, live by the clock, or wonder if I'm really being compensated for the output of work that I do for others.  I'm not looking to strike it rich.  I just want to earn enough to meet my family's needs.

Mind you, I am very grateful that I am currently employed.  I work for a wonderful organization and I enjoy the work that I am doing.  But, I want to work for myself.  I've been hung up on why I haven't taken a step to make this happen.  Why do I doubt myself, when I have excelled at every job and position that I've ever held?  Why do I think I would fail myself and my family, when that hasn't ever happened?  I don't want to live my life just looking forward to the weekend and then feeling kind of sad that Sunday evening is going by too quickly and before I know it, it will be Monday morning.  It's time to put the dreams into action.

I'm putting all of this "out there" so as to hold myself accountable.  I need to "GO".  I have to put my finger on the trigger.  I have to figure out where that Start Line will be and step up boldly.  I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has had a similar experience.

I have included some pictures of 'beginnings of things' from my yard:  a lilac bud and the small greens of sun drops sprouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment