Glimpse of Yesterday

Glimpse of Yesterday

Friday, October 10, 2008

Uncertainty - Hesitation - Timidity

Those are most of the emotions I have felt not only over the past hour but the past few weeks. The past hour because my teenage son excitedly suggested that he assist me in starting a blog. "Three minutes", is what he said. It took me about forty-five minutes and a call across the country to come up with a blog name alone. Uncertainty. I asked him, "What do you think of when you think of me, as a person?". "Mom." was his response. Hesitation. Wow, am I that boring? Who am I? What DO I like? How do others see me? I was getting a headache. Timidity. Maybe I shouldn't try this. Wait a minute. . . . why CAN'T I try something new?!

I am doing something new next week. I am, for the very first time EVER, flying. The fear is great but the destination is worth every ounce of anxiety. I'm flying with my two teenagers across the country, literally coast to coast, to see my sister and her family. It's been five way-too-long years and the longing in my heart to see them dissipates any fear I have about the trip.

I'm standing in the cold sand and the frothy waves are coming over my toes. . . . ooooh - the shock of the water takes my breath away. Turning back is not an option. Moving forward - is.

2 comments:

  1. You're daughter must be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post...I can't wait to see you guys either!!

    LOL Lacey.....
    Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete