Glimpse of Yesterday

Glimpse of Yesterday

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Serenity

It's wonderful feeling. I described it to my husband as that I once was a paper doll and now I am three-dimensional and full of the life God has given to me. I'm speaking of living my life for the Lord. Jesus Christ. The one who was, the one who is and the one who will always be. My life has become so abundant since I began living my life for Him about five years ago. Very shortly after, my husband also re-dedicated his life to Jesus. I was even privileged to participate in water baptism with my two children.

I'm not speaking of being perfect. I think there's a difference. While I do strive to do my best always, I do not consider myself to be a perfectionist. I am mindful to do (and try to do) what is pleasing to God. Sometimes I hit, sometimes I miss. I'm human. I looked up the word serenity in the dictionary. It means calmness, tranquil, and also brightness. And that is every day that I am with the Lord. The trouble comes, though, when others can't understand why I live my life the way I do. I've changed. I never, ever, push my beliefs onto others. But, still, they know I've changed. So has my husband. And my children. Maybe they're afraid I'm going to try to "convert" them. Maybe they feel convicted of sin in their own lives. I don't know. I get the feeling that people think my family is "over the top" with our beliefs. That we spend too much time at church. That I think I'm "more" of a Christian than others. (Which is absurd - God is the only one who know the condition of anyone's heart). It's not easy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now, I don't live with my head in the clouds. I have a family, a job, pets, laundry, dirty dishes and tons of other responsibilities.
Every day is certainly not all rainbows and lollipops. And I'm sure that without the serenity I have in the Lord, I would be frazzled and very unhappy. I'm just trying to appreciate this life I have now and try to store up some treasures in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post Liane....I whole heartedly agree and I share your feelings.
    Love,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete