Glimpse of Yesterday

Glimpse of Yesterday

Monday, December 8, 2008

'Tis the Season

My daughter and I got crafty this weekend. We have decided to try to make some hand-crafted Christmas decorations this year, something we haven't done in 3 or 4 years.

We started by making designs on oranges with whole cloves. I wish you could smell how wonderful they are!

We then moved on to making our own Christmas cards. We're not sending these out, we just strung them on a green ribbon with cinnamon sticks and jingle bells across our picture window. We just happened to wake up to a dusting of snow yesterday:
The pic above says "Joyeux Noel"


The above tree was made by arranging snowflakes punched from construction paper.

Can you see the snow out the window? It's all gone now, of course! Lacey and I also took a little walk around the yard and cut some greens to bring inside. Because my house is small and we have a woodstove, we have to have an artificial Christmas tree. But I wanted just a little natural green. So I made this little arrangement with some springs from my red Dogwood tree:

We've just done a little bit, so far. I'm just home for lunch and have to head back to work for a two-hour meeting this afternoon. I've promised the kids that we'll make buckeye balls Wednesday night.

I hope you all are having a wonderfully delightful day!

-Liane

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lee! LOVE your snow!! I love your cards and ornaments..I bet it smells wonderful at your house...but the kids always thought it did all the time anyway.

    Good to see you guys getting crafty again!!
    HUGS,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Wow! Love the Christmas card garland hung across the picture window. I've always wanted to do something there and yours looks great.

    Your snow has already gone? I'm jealous. Ours is staying until April. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love your ideas.

    And I love the smell of nature brought inside.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete