Glimpse of Yesterday

Glimpse of Yesterday

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hmmmm.....what shall I do today?

Today is a precious day off for me - it is sunny and warm and I've taken a few minutes to show you a few things, like my garden fairy.

I wonder how my peonies are doing? I planted them about three or four years ago and have been waiting (quite impatiently) for them to finally blossom......





Aren't they just beautiful?! I love the vibrant pink color. I notice that I tend to be drawn to pinks and purples in the garden. When Lace and I go to pick up our tomato plants today, I'll have to see if there are any white or yellow or red perennials that need a home in my garden.






Oh, and what's that over there? It's some pretty flax, dancing in the breeze. I love the daintiness of the blooms - they look as though they just hover over the tops of the stems. They remind me of the jugglers that would spin plates on tops of poles at the circus.

There was a teeny tiny grasshopper sitting on one of the blooms, but the breeze was not allowing me to get a picture of it.



And what is my little Hank doing out in his backyard?:

Why, he's on the look-out for squirrels, of course!! This mighty ruffian will *bark*bark*bark* at those trespassing squirrels, keeping his family safe from the varmints intrusions.....isn't he such a cutie?

After lunch, I'm headed out to take a friend clothes shopping (for her, not me - she doesn't drive anymore) and probably negate the salad I'll be having for lunch by eating an after-shopping Boston Creme doughnut. YUM.

What about you? What are you doing today? I know that whatever it is, you will certainly be blessed.

--Liane

3 comments:

  1. That's a peony I've not seen before...with it's single ring of petals...very delicate and light. Hope that you had good luck with your friend's shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Hank is so cute!

    Glad you are havingsuch lovely weather...kisses to everyone.
    Love,
    Rov

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, I think Hank and Annie would get along splendidly! Don't you??

    Thanks for sharing your lovely garden! So pretty! It's a fun post for someone with just an "apartment garden" these days!

    xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete